Neighbourhood Planning Notice Churchdown and Innsworth Neighbourhood Development Plan The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 amended) – Regulation 16
Notice is hereby given that Tewkesbury Borough Council has received, under Article 15 of the above regulations, the Churchdown and Innsworth Neighbourhood Development Plan, which has been submitted by Churchdown and Innsworth Parish Council’s.
The consultation period has been extended until Tuesday 27 August 2019
During this consultation period, the plan can be viewed on:
- Tewkesbury Borough Council website at: https://www.tewkesbury.gov.uk/neighbourhood-development-plans/neighbourhoodplanning-in-tewkesbury
- Tewkesbury Borough Council, Public Service Centre, Gloucester
- Road, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 5TT Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5pm Friday 8.30am – 4pm
- Churchdown Parish Council Office – Parton Road GL32JH Monday to Friday 9am – 2pm
- Churchdown Library, Parton Road, GL32AF Tuesday 10am–1pm, 2– 6pm; Wednesday to Friday 10am–1pm, 2–5pm; and Saturday 10am–1pm
- GL3 Hub – Cheltenham Road East, Churchdown, Gl3 1HX Everyday 9am – 2pm
- Churchdown Community Association, Parton Road, Churchdown, Gloucester, GL3 2JH Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm
- St Andrews Church, Station Road, Churchdown, Gloucester, GL3 2JT Monday to Friday 9 am to 12 .30 pm
- Innsworth Parish Council Office, Innsworth Community Hall, Rookery Road, Innsworth, GL3 1AU Monday and Wednesday 9.30am – 12.30pm Innsworth Community Hall, Rookery Road, Innsworth, GL3 1AU by appointment only with Innsworth Parish Clerk Tel: 01452 739053 / M: 07493 050720 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to make representation or comment, please visit:
https://www.tewkesbury.gov.uk/neighbourhood–development–plans/neighbourhood–planningin–tewkesbury for full details and to comment online. Or use the response form(s) available online and at the locations specified above and email to:
email@example.com or post to: Planning Policy Team, Tewkesbury Borough Council, Public Service Centre, Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 5TT
These should be received no later than 5pm Tuesday 27 August 2019
If you wish to be notified of the local planning authority’s decision under Regulation 19, re making the plan, please indicate this on your representation.
Head of Planning Services
16 July 2019
Churchdown and Innsworth Parish Council’s have prepared a joint neighbourhood development plan and resolved at their respective parish council meetings (Innsworth Parish Council on 25 February 2019 and Churchdown Parish Council on 12 March 2019) to approve the plans submission for Regulation 16 consultation in accordance with The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended).
The Plan sets out a vision for the future of the parish and planning policies which will be used to determine planning applications in the designated neighbourhood area, which covers the parishes of Churchdown and Innsworth.
Where to find details.
Copies of the Churchdown and Innsworth Neighbourhood Development Plan and supporting documents are available to view on Tewkesbury Borough Council’s website: www.tewkesbury.gov.uk/neighbourhood-development-plans/churchdown-and-innsworth-neighbourhood-plan.
Hard copies are also available for inspection at the following locations:
- Tewkesbury Borough Council, Public Service Centre, Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury, GL20 5TT
- Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5pm
- Friday 8.30am – 4pm
- Churchdown Parish Council Office, Parton Road, GL3 2JH
- Monday to Friday 9am – 2pm
- Churchdown Library, Parton Road, GL3 2AF
- Tuesday 10am – 1pm, 2pm – 6pm
- Wednesday to Friday 10am – 1pm, 2pm – 5pm
- Saturday 10am – 1pm
- GL3 Hub – Cheltenham Road East, Churchdown, Gl3 1HX
- Everyday 9am – 2pm
- Churchdown Community Association, Parton Road, Churchdown, Gloucester, GL3 2JH
- Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm
- St Andrews Church, Station Road, Churchdown, Gloucester, GL3 2JT
- Monday to Friday 9am – 12.30pm
- Innsworth Parish Council Office, Innsworth Community Hall, Rookery Road, Innsworth, GL3 1AU
- Monday and Wednesday 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Innsworth Community Hall, Rookery Road, Innsworth, GL3 1AU
- By appointment only with Innsworth Parish Clerk
- Tel: 01452 739053 / M: 07493 050720 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to make representations
If you wish to make representation or comment, please complete the online form available here. This is the most effective way to ensure your comments are processed and received most efficiently by Tewkesbury Borough Council and by the examiner.
Alternatively, you can:
Email to email@example.com
Or post or hand to: Planning Policy Team, Tewkesbury Borough Council, Public Service Centre, Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 5TT
These should be received no later than 5pm on 5 August 2019.
“The Neighbourhood Plan has now gone through its first public consultation (thanks to all who responded), some changes have been made to the policies and we are now looking forward to the second (and final) consultation. This will be run by Tewkesbury Borough Council, who will put it on their website with an online form for comments. Further changes will then be made and the Plan will then go for Independent Examination, before the Referendum.
Watch out for the start of the second (Regulation 16) consultation and make sure you have your say”.
We have now received all of your responses to the Statutory Consultation – the Steering Group are meeting on 7th February 2019 to review all responses received in order to see if any further amendments/improvements to the Plan are necessary. The Plan will then be formally submitted to Tewkesbury Borough Council who will publicise the plan ( Regulation 16 ) and arrange for an examination by an Independent Examiner. This is to consider whether the neighbourhood plan meets the basic conditions and other legal requirements. If successful at the examination stage, with modifications if necessary, then the local authority will arrange for a neighbourhood plan referendum. If there is a majority yes vote, then the neighbourhood plan is made and becomes part of the statutory development plan for the area.
Thank you so much to all those who took part in our consultation : we value your ideas on how to shape the development of our community , now and in the future.
THE PERIOD OF CONSULTATION HAS NOW BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL TUESDAY 11TH DECEMBER 2018
You can ask questions, comment on the Neighbourhood Plan and fill in our consultation response form – available at both Churchdown and Innsworth Parish Council Offices, on our roadshow stands and on the website.
You can view the Plan (1) together with , the relevant Appendix A (2 ) and the consultation response form (3) below:
Exhibition Dates and Venues :
- 10TH – 17TH September 2018 : Churchdown Parish Council
- 17th – 24th September 2018 :Innsworth Parish Council
- 25th September 2018 – 1st October 2018 : GL3 Hub
- 2nd– 8th October 2018 : Churchdown Library
- 8th – 15th October 2018 : St. Andrews Church
- 15th – 20th October 2018 : Churchdown Community Association
- 20th October 2018 : Tesco Cheltenham Road east
The questionnaire will be available from Monday 10th September – Sunday 21st October.
CHURCHDOWN & INNSWORTH NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN.
At the end of 2017 the draft ‘Plan’ had been produced containing planning policies and a list of community actions – all based on information gathered during the Community Engagement in 2014 together with research by the Steering Group and reports from specialist consultants.
At the end of 2017 and start of 2018, the Steering group were looking at ways to ensure that concerns regarding traffic/road infrastructure, flooding, design and layout of housing and fibre optic installation were addressed as fully as possible. Final amendments , to incorporate the above policies and supporting evidence, were carried out in Spring 2018.
In June 2018, the Draft Neighbourhood Plan was approved by both Innsworth and Churchdown Parish Councils for submission to Tewkesbury Borough Council for Strategic Environmental Assessment. This process requires Tewkesbury Borough Council to liaise with a number of Statutory Organisations and is due to finish shortly.
The Steering Group are currently preparing for a 6 week statutory consultation on the Draft Plan which aims to collate as many responses from Residents as possible – this includes drafting a document detailing all the community engagement carried out to date and outlining how the Steering Group hope to achieve the widest possible consultation going forward.
We will be publishing details of how to respond to the consultation and dates of forthcoming events very shortly .
Your views are the key to the success of the plan . Please get in touch and let us know your thoughts
The Plan has now progressed to the stage where we have a Pre-Submission Draft (ie, it is almost ready to be submitted to Tewkesbury Borough Council” for Strategic Environmental Assessment, and then public consultation.
However, due to the importance of the issues of flooding and road infrastructure/congestion, it has been agreed to do further work on these matters. A brief is being drawn up for consultant reports. It is hoped to progress this work quite quickly and to be able to include policies in the Plan to cover these matters.
“On 9th February Churchdown Parish Council played host to members of Neighbourhood Plan Steering Groups from around the South West at the Locality Network Event. The evening was well supported and enjoyed by about 30 participants who heard presentations from Lorraine Hart of Locality, Dr Gemma Jerome of Gloucestershire Wild Service and Rupert Crosbee of Sustrans. For the specialist reports of GWS and Sustrans, supporting the Neighbourhood Plan, please look under Documents tab. The Steering Group are now working to finalise the Plan prior to submission to Tewkesbury Borough Council for Strategic Environmental Assessment.”